1508 NEW HAMPSHIRE ST., LAWRENCE, KAN. 66044
(785) 830-8936, E-MAIL: email@example.com
THE KANSAS CITY STAR.
Graphic Artist: August 2002 – present
• Coordinate visual presentation of A-1 centerpieces.
• Design news infographics
• Illustrate sports, business and features stories.
UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS
Lecturer, School of Journalism: Fall 2002 – Spring 2004
• Taught JOUR 552-Print and Online Design in the School of Journalism.
• Topics included newspaper design, Web design, design theory,
typography, QuarkXpress, Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
UNIVERSAL PRESS SYNDICATE (KANSAS CITY, MO.)
Digital Imaging Specialist: May 2001 – April 2002
• Designed and formatted syndicated feature pages and puzzles.
• Designed collateral material including envelopes, business cards
• Designed promotional materials for AMU speakers bureau.
STAR-TRIBUNE (MINNEAPOLIS, MN)
Graphic Artist: Aug. 1998 – December 2000
• Produced news, business and features infographics and illustrations.
• Specialized in science, statewide news, education and politics graphics.
• Covered breaking news stories as an on-location graphics reporter.
• Coordinated photographers for in-studio shooting of 3-D illustrations.
ST. PAUL PIONEER PRESS (ST. PAUL, MN)
Graphic Editor (interim): Sept. 1997 - Aug. 1998
• Supervised five staff artists.
• Directed the newspaper's daily graphics content.
Graphic Artist: June 1997 - Sept. 1997
• Designed and produced news, sports and features graphics;
illustrated sports and features stories.
• Produced logos for series stories.
• Worked closely with editors, reporters and designers
to coordinate projects.
Video editing software
Audio editing software